View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:34 PM

coloradocaddis970 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amertens View Post
My next set of nippers will be Abel's. Even if I had to save for three months just to buy nippers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagermeister View Post
seriously considering the Abel nippers myself. I like colors

Best nippers I've ever bought iMO. Buy a bright color though, is sucks dropping a $100 hand painted nipper. When people call fly fisherman snobs, or purists, i agree for just one moment. Not that we're snobs or purists, but because its pride. I feel that fly fisherman are a prideful group of people. We know we're into a possibly very expensive sport/hobby/stress reliever/escape...... And were willing to pay for nice, quality, long lasting and finely crafted equipment. It just so happens that that equipment is usually made locally, by the same people they live next to or go to church with, or maybe even share a forum. I take pride when buying my equipment, it may even cost more but i know its made to last and perform. I buy local(state and USA) company stuff, though they may be corporate, their employees are neighbors and I support that. America has moved to overseas production for cheaper prices but hey, who doesn't like to save a few bucks. A lot of over seas stuff is great quality too, no disagreeing with that either. I just feel prideful when I'm fishing, and i just like to buy local or USA made. I don't know where i was really going with all this but that's my fraction of a cents work. I need to go fishing now... beautiful spring day in Vail, CO.