View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feathers vs Soft Plastic

McNally Magnums are still a very good streamer & for not just Pike! When I was tying commercially, Magnums & Deceivers were about the only flies I sold for those folks chasing Pike. I've never fished for them, but knew about Magnums!

I fish with plastics still, with baitcasting & spinning gear. It has it's place. I can agree with the better movement of fur & feathers. IMO, there has yet to be anything synthetic that compares to the natural materials when it comes to motion & action.

I've witnessed days when flies out fished anything else, even bait. But, of course I've seen the opposite too many times also!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!