View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exotic continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditz View Post
My knowledge is minimal but I did visit Blue Springs State Park so my wife could see the manatees. The river is spring fed and clear as drinking water and I was surprised to find several Tarpon in the river and it is sweet water. There was also a lot of big gar. Sorry to say that there is no fishing allowed. The biggest tarpon I saw was probably in the 40 to 50# range. There was also at least 2 or 3 schools of 2# fish that I believed to be tarpon as well.
When it comes to manatees they don't want to see anything happen to them like a hook. Meanwhile there all over the upper keys and people are throwing hooks around them all day long. And some of them get huge. My son was casting from the shallows in Marathon one morning and a big one floated by him with the tide. He ran out of the water do fast it was hysterical especially when I told him they were big harmless blobs!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser