View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:19 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: South Holston --Mid June '13

[QUOTE=dhaynes;556812]My wife and I are heading down to South Holston in mid-June for a short trip...We plan to wade fish Monday afternoon, float trip on Tuesday, and wade on Wednesday. I've read earlier posts on the SOHO and have a general idea about the river, but we are wondering if anyone can help with some specifics.

1. I understand TVA is currently moving a lot of water down SOHO. Is that likely to still be the case in mid-June? How might this affect wading the river?

2. I've seen a lot of generalities about what flys do well on the SOHO, but which are likely to be good choices for Mid-June?

3. For wading, are there particular access points we should look for? We won't have a lot of time so scouting such a long fishery might be a problem?

4. Are there good restaurants in the area you would recommend? (For my wife, this might be the most critical question!!!!)

Thanks and any other tips would be appreciated.[/QUOTE

Check with the guys at South Holston river Fly Shop right on the river they are a member here. In the area good shopping and restaurants and motels with in 30 minutes of the river. Lots of good guides in the area on high water and wade fishing
on low water . For hatch charts check South Holston Fly Shop web site.