View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: South Holston --Mid June '13

I'm new to FF'g, so can't help with the majority of your questions about the SOHO, but I did grow up in the Johnson City area but have been gone from the area since high school. I still have family in the area, so visit there but not near enough.

A couple of the forum sponsors have shops in the area, see if they can help on the fishing part of your trip. TVA moves water around like people change socks and underwear. LOL. It will depend on recent rain volumes more than anything else, so the local shops can help on that as well.

The Peerless in Johnson City is a good place to eat, especially steaks if that is on the taste buds. A bit $$ but good food. There is a seafood place on the river in Kingsport TN near/past the Eastman facility called The Riverfront Seafood Co., on Neatherland Inn Rd, good place for seafood. those are two places that my family goes to on a regular basis when we visit, never had a bad meal there. GL and enjoy the beauty of E TN.