View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default So, Why Am I Not Fishing?

Yeah I've seen all the "I'm Tired Of Winter" threads.

I've seen the "It's Really Warm Here" threads.

And I'll grant you that the weather has been pretty screwy for a lot of us. I knew it was coming but you gotta try to understand what it's like to have your river boat sitting out in the drive, your big pontoon Raft all rigged up and loaded on the trailer, and then be me. Not just be me, but be me here!

I walked out onto my deck this morning at 7:00 AM and took a look around. Then I said out loud "How is this #@!%&^* possible"!

It's still doing it!

There is almost 4" of it on the railing around the deck and the ground and forest floor are covered.

It is all over the trees! All over my boat and rafts!

If you were to read this: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...ver-river.html or just scroll through to find the pictures they were taken between May 10 and may 15 of 2011.

How can this possibly be the same place? How can this be the same life?

I'm trying to stay positive here but if you read the blog about the Great Flood of 2012 then you know it started raining last year on September 13th. That rain lasted until the weather turned so cold that it turned to snow and plunged to -30*.

That's where the season pretty much ended, September 13 with a flood like no one here had ever seen here before!

Today is May 18, and it is snowing like mad with 4" on the deck and probably 8" already soaked into the ground which had thawed already................

So I'll let you know as soon as I catch a fish, I'll paste the picture of that fish in so many threads you'll want me banned for spamming.

It's been a really Long, Hard, Winter in South Central Alaska.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Picture worth a thousand words? Here's a few thousand..................

Looking up the drive lane toward the road
Click the image to open in full size.

Not going to drive the motorcycle today

Probably won't be smoking fish today

Should uncover the Tundra and go to the store maybe?

Floating the river is out

Maybe the'll get the ice out at the river launch by tomorrow........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;