View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 03:09 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: need help with some bug terms...and anatomy differences

this joint is faster than the drive thru lane at micky dees!

rather than PM ing everyone I will just say thanks to all...a good spirit in this area for sure! I think the best insight I have from this so far is to tie an adult like the one in the pic...but lay its wings out flat?? does that sound like a good destination for that pattern?

the trout nut site pics are incredible by the way...something that can really get the creative juices flowing...

Click the image to open in full size.

some properly trimmed flanks feathers could make a good copy I think...this is something I think can be done pretty easily...maybe segment the tail/abdomen section a bit with a light colored thread...and make the sprigs more prominent. I know some species have two and others three...(do they count good?? the bugs that is??)

I appreciate the response from all...and tolerating the ...well lets just say the lack of bugology...I did get the dun /spinner thing right at least...LOL...

also thanks for the remarks about my stuff...

I would love to see some ties by anyone else who has taken on this project too...nothing like copying some greatest hits from others to make a new pattern a success!

I think the outstretched wings done right would lay on the water perfect...if I use a hackle and clip off the bottom(at 4 o'clock to 8 o'clock) it will almost have to sit in the right position...and boy what a shadow or projection that will make...I am using this pic of a simpler pattern for an example of what it could look like...just add the bigger wings laid out flat w/ the proper shape......

Click the image to open in full size.

all the best...t

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/