View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 08:15 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blue Light Special Swap Fly of the Month!!

Had a busy day today met my buddy went in the boat for some Crappies to fill the freezer . We hammered them ! Got home before noon cleaned fish ( my way of paying for gas ) dropped the fillets over his house and headed to my grandsons ball game. Rained the whole game but was enjoyable just the same. Still coming down when I got home so decided to work on some tackle. Doing a grip on one of the rods I couldn't get it clean. Called Marco( Swirlchaser) gave me a way to get it like new ( thanks buddy) headed back to my fishing buddy's house to get it done .
All done and the rain stopped and only 5 pm what the heck I'll take my 5 wt and go to the lake near my house. So I get there and realize all I have is my SW fly box and my trout vest! What the heck I'm gonna use what I got and whatever happens at least I ended the day fishing.
Pull out the box with the Czech Nymph Swap flys and but on this blue fly.
Well the rest is history. Every cast was a fish and not just one kind but everything! Crappies galore , bluegills, pumpkinseeds , 3 stocker Rainbows , 1 big brown , a big stocker Brookie, 2 Largemouths a big Pickeral and as it got dark 2 nice Walleye and several more Crappie!
This is why I nominate Kerry Pitts Blue Light Special for Fly of The Month. Thanks Kerry great pattern real fish getter and I'm finally tired now thanks to your fly!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Last edited by theboz; 05-18-2013 at 10:16 PM.