View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blue Light Special Swap Fly of the Month!!

That's great John!

And funny because I headed to the river this afternoon with low expectations of catching fish in the very high, very dirty water but I just had to get out. When I found some slow muddy water I opened my box with every intention of fishing a couple of the flies from that swap with this great day dream that I'd pull up a big brown and then show it to everyone in that swap. Well, on the first cast I let it sink into the abyss and promptly caught a pile of something under all that muddy water and lost two flies! Plus I realized I left my camera. No worries, I did catch anything - did hook and long release a whitey though! - but had a great time in the rain and sun swinging a streamer for a couple hours.

I should have tried the Blue Light Special! I've actually thought about starting a thread for "fish caught on swap flies" especially after seeing the post that I think it was swirlchaser made for their clouser swap.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

O yeah ... I forgot to let you know since you were out fishing and having fun all day that your Mets lost today, make that 2 outta 3 to the Cubs.