View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 11:25 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recommendations?

I'm not familiar with where the creeky little area streams you're fishing are, but when I think of small streams, I'm usually fishing a 4wt unless the conditions that day are very windy or unless I'm throwing streamers.

I've never fished out West but I think most guys like anything from 5-7wts.

This is one of those situations where one rod CAN do it but you might find yourself wanting to add another at some point. Given what information I know, the 6wt should better cover you on the larger waters, but might be too much of a rod for the smaller streams. Still I'd probably opt for that so that you're not under gunned on bigger waters. Hard to say without knowing generally where you're fishing the smaller waters or the types of flies you typically use on those streams.