Thread: Furled Leaders
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 PM

trouton has a spectacular aura abouttrouton has a spectacular aura abouttrouton has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Furled Leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
I use them and love them. Easy to cast, turn over flies well, easy to change tippet sizes, and can last a season or longer.

Are you familiar with furled leaders and asking about the Cutthroats leaders or wondering about furled leaders in general?
Sorry, I should have clarified my question. I had looked at the product that CTL offers online for while now and just last night ordered some of the furled leaders from them. I too like the idea of using the tippet ring and not continuously shortening my leader as I make fly changes stream side. I order two of each size, one to fit my 3wt rod and one to fit my 5wt rod. I hike with the wife in the CO Rockies and fish some highland lakes and streams with the 3wt using 18 - 22 size dry flys and bigger CO and WY rivers with the 5wt. We are spending four weeks in CO this summer and two more this fall, so I will give them a try. Thanks to all of you who have responded and good luck on the fly!
Roger