View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 01:00 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

Grouch,

Nice Abel. They look fantastic in any color, and you can't go wrong with black. There's not a single piece of plastic on them, and they will outlast us for sure. Enjoy.

Cheers,

-VB

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
Von Behr,

Seeing all them beautiful Abels made me cry a little.

Chased,

They make me cry a little when I pay the bill, but only for a second or two. They are truly works of art, and I really enjoy them.

I use my Super 8's a lot in the surf, and every now and then I'll hook a fish that heads out for the Channel Islands like a freight train. Hearing an Abel sing, and knowing the cork drag will eventually wear out the fish is a great feeling.

The salt has absolutely zero effect on these reels. When I get home, I set the reel in a bucket of clean water, take it apart, and make sure it's clean and lubed for the next outing.

-VB

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

I found this one in the display case at a local fly shop. It was brand new in the box, but I think it had been in their inventory for a while. I don't know when they stopped making this in England, but I would venture to guess it has been a while. It was still priced at $110. I had to bring it home. I haven't used it yet, but I plan to put it to work soon.

Click the image to open in full size.