View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 10:30 PM

ts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2013 5-Weight Shootout

While I've been fly fishing for a few years, I still consider myself a bit of beginner with a lot to learn. So please take my comments with that understanding.

I agree with many of the comments in this thread. I have to say that I killed myself looking for real reviews/comparisons of fly rods so I could make a better decision about what rod/s I wanted to buy. Even with the shortcomings, the Yellowstone Angler Shootouts are the best I've been able to find. And YES, they should go back through and fix the spelling, etc.

I will also say that I actually bought a pair of St Croixs from them, an Imperial and Legend Elite. I'm supposed to receive them tomorrow. They were really nice to talk to on the phone (spoke with James and Paul) and gave me a much better deal than Bass Pro, Cabelas or any other place I could find on line. There was also no tax or shipping cost. They even said I could return them if I didn't like the rods (as long as no damage was done and I paid return shipping which seemed fair). I'll check the rods tomorrow to make sure they are the current versions, in good shape, etc. If not, I'll be sure to report back here.

If someone has other sites that offer good reviews/comparisons, I would really like to know. I did catch the link to the Texas shootout.

Last edited by ts47; 05-23-2013 at 11:22 AM.