View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 02:31 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever hear a CRASH and do a what the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
That was the hummers rejecting your weak mix. 4-1 is what we use here.
The mix is dependent on how often you want them to come back to the feeder. The higher the sugar content, the less they need to visit. If the weather is cold/wet up goes the sugar ration. But the 4 - 1 (or close) is my usual. In the early season I'll even go to 3.5 - 1.

But 1/2 cup of sugar to 2 cups of water is still your basic 4-1 for a feeder. Which reminds me, (Memo to Self) I need to trim back a rose bush so I can watch same better.

End game is every week you want to really dump/scrub out a feeder.

Did so today and in the back yard Finch feeder .... earwig's ... tons of the damned things! Euuuugh! Even the Hummer feeder had one in the bloody thing, not to mention ants.

Last edited by fredaevans; 05-20-2013 at 11:42 AM.