View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: So, Why Am I Not Fishing?

It just keeps getting better.................

So we take off for the river on the motorcycles. I check tires and lube on the chains; all good so we fill em up and head for the river. Everything is normal until I turn right at Point Mc. Road. No control, front end just sorta slices hard right and within a half second the bike is down with me sliding along with. Up and OK, front tire lost air between when I signaled turn and when I started into it?? No explanation, not a clue at this time.

I road Nancy's bike home and got truck and flatbed, went back and picked up the bike and her. No real damage to bike, I was going maybe 25 mph or less when this happened. However, we did not get to the river.........................

I'll take the wheel & tire off tomorrow and do the forensics to find out why I ended up on my butt. Always wear the helmet and Ballistic Nylon riding coat by First Gear when I ride. That jacket took all the abuse, I came home with a bruised Rt. shin and a scrape just above the boot top. I wear a pair of high riding boots by Sidi also, this would have been bad in sneakers and a jean jacket.

All is good fellas but it is hard on the nerves when something like this happens. I've been riding the 2 wheelers since 1970 and have only had a couple surprises like this so far.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;