Thread: Sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 04:35 PM

runningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nice
Default Re: Sunglasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Just my .02 cents, but use prescription glasses already? Just get 'clip ons' for most applications or "Cocoons" ($50.00) 'over glasses.' Very light, very functional and 'cheap as chips' for a very good product.
I heard about Maui Jim will check it out.
Beside the Oakley, I have the Costco brand clip on $12 and polarized too when I am too lazy to put my contact lens on. However, the frame of my glasses and the clip on don't really block the glare coming from below.

I can wait until Backcountry has more discounts and get the Maui Jim or the Costa Del Mar.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlai View Post
I got the cocoons and they work well, even if looking a it dorky :-)
My boss has a pair and every time he puts them on he looked like he was about to go snorkeling.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
For the past 1+ I've been using Native sunglasses with brown lenses and found them to work very well. They came with some other lenses but I haven't felt the need to change from the brown. I got mine through a 'pro-deal' but I think wide open spaces has some on sale now.
Yeah, the Native are nice, I'll put them in the try list.
thanks

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Everybody has brand preference, so here's mine. I've been wearing Maui Jim for fishing the past several years and have been extremely pleased. Their recommended lens colors for full sun to overcast are HCL Bronze or the Rose. I have the bronze. Since getting them I've found I've been cognizant of taking greater care of them than I had when I was buying cheaper ones. That's not to say the cheaper ones aren't a good option.

You don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get polarized lenses, some are perfectly OK buying them from wherever. If that works, great. It's all about how they perform to you.

http://www.mauijim.com/right_lens.html

The Sport models are the more affordable option, they have several different frame designs and lens shapes available.

If you can get to a sunglasses shop/eye care center/eye doctor and try some different ones on to compare the lens clarity and fit, that would be highly advisable.
I Like the selections they have. This is gonna be tough to choose since they look very promising.