Thread: Furled Leaders
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:50 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furled Leaders

Yes I do. I coat the furled leader with floatant paste and switch between dries and nymphs with no problems. This means that the end of the furled leader is on the surface and I have enough tippet to get my flies down. The furled leader either serves as my indicator or the indicator is below it on the tippet. I find the switch very easy to make. I usually use the same tippet for both but on rare occasion have run 4x to a heavy fly and 6x to a trailer then if I switch to dries I might switch the whole thing to 5x or 6x.

You can fish them without the floatant so they sink if you want but would be tough to switch to dries since the floatant wouldn't help until the leader dried. Also Cutthroat sells some with indicators built in. I bought one but haven't tried it yet, look forward to it though!