Thread: Cast piling up
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Cast piling up

I will refer back a few posts to the reply you got from cb, Colin suggested a long belly / head line may make casting more enjoyable. I realize that many people are first introduced to the short head / running line style of casting, however once you understand the basic mechanics of casting the transition to long belly will be easier.

There is way too much to discuss when considering the differences between fishing the traditional lines vs. the Skagit type heads to address here. It may be something you would enjoy. For a 13' rod you would be looking at a full floating Spey line with head length in the 55 - 60' range. These will change your casting dramatically I assure you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;