View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 01:56 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default GoPro or Point & Shoot

I'm on the brink of purchasing either a GoPro or a waterproof point and shoot camera like the Nikon AW100 or Olympus TG-1. The problem is that I can't make up my mind. The purpose of both cameras will be to capture my fly fishing adventures, as well as other out door related stuff in general.

The GoPro Hero 3 Black edition's reviews are hit and miss. Lots of people seem to be having major malfunctions. I don't know if this is a defect or user error. It seems that 90 minutes of recording is about all I can expect off a fully charged battery, which doesn't seem like much. These are the main reasons I haven't dove in to a GoPro yet. I really like the fact that it takes great video and that there are chest and head mounting options. Can a GoPro take still shots like a point and shoot camera?

I really like the idea of taking video of my adventures, but I'm not sure that a waterproof point and shoot is up to the task. These cameras do have the ability to do 1080p video, will videos be shaky without a mount? Pictures are great and all, but video seems a lot more fun. It seems as if there aren't a lot of mounting options for these cameras.

What would you get to capture your fly fishing adventures, a GoPro or a waterproof Point & Shoot?

-Chase