Thread: Sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sunglasses

I sometimes think about trying Costa's simply because I'm a sucker for marketing and the 'buzz' about some products.
It's been about 12 years and my Maui Jim's just keep on working and working very well.
They're so old they're back in style! The lesson here is, always put your shades in a hard-shell case when not in use and always use a neckstrap tether with them when out playing.
I got the Maui's because they were made for playing on the water. They are used for sailboat racing and fly fishing and just as everyday shades.
Besides the optical clarity and having a copper tint that excells in a wide range of light, the water-specific features are what sold me
They have glare-free lens treatments both inside and out, a hydrophobic finish that repels water and are tinted a bit more at both the top and bottom of the lens to protect from overhead and reflective light and glare.
An auto manufacturer offered me a free pair of Maui Jim's of my choice if I test drove one of their offerings. I had to think about that for about a nano-second and took them up on the offer. I'm like a kid waiting for the postman to deliver his prize.