Thread: Predator by NFO
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predator by NFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
I know you and hubby like to have all the boats but my questions is when would you use this over the single person Assault that you have posted pic's of? The Assault was tricked out to the max and looked like a do all boat, if one boat could do all. Now you have this so I'm curious if this is replacing the Assault or any other of your boats?

I ask these questions because I'm trying to choose another NFO to use in place of my X-5 when I don't want to haul such a large pontoon. Travelling around some states and hauling the X-5 takes a lot of room. Just when I think maybe I've found the replacement you come up with another.lol You sure make it hard to choose, so my trigger finger is not twitching.
I sold my Renegade. I will use the Assault on smaller lakes, and The X5 is still my favorite. The Predator is more like a float tube (weight wise).
The Assault is small and compact and packs up easy in my car in the rolling duffle. But still, it is at around 25lbs. This is half the weight. There is one lake I love, that is BIG. actually it ia our drinking water. Problem is getting to the water. It is in a bowl and no roads down to it for public use, so we have to hike the boats down and up.
I am able to do it with either the Ren or the Assault. Just looking for a little easier way.

Thing I would like to put out there is although this weighs as much as a SFC it is limited in how small you can fold it up. It still has the welded on D rings, the Oar holders, Handles and skid strip on bottom so it does not fold up supper small. Maybe 22" x 24" x 6".