View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:25 AM

loveforthedryfly is on a distinguished road
Default A Must Have Killer Dry Fly.

I must ask whats everyone's favorite dry fly? Now we all are going to have different opinions but... What id really like to know is how does your favorite fly work in different states,regions, country?????
Now Unfortunately i'm stilll young , and havent been able to fish all over yet... But I do know washington rivers and streams. And thank God Ive been fortunate enough to fish Montana.
The best flies ive used in washington by far. My first, Royal wulff, extremely consistent. I've had more luck with the wulff than any other in washington state, from the east side, to the west. This fly by far has out performed and caught more fish than any other fly I've used. Now this was my favorite Dry fly until, well last summer 2012.
I moved from Vancouver Washington, to Yakima WA, and well it was different! I went from Beastly rainy weather, to well SUN!! I was so stoked and couldn't wait for June 1st. I live 50 feet from the naches river, and it seemed fishy as hell.
Well June first came i walked out on the river, maybe a lil overconfident. Put my royal wulff on, and nothing. I fished and fished. Nothing okay maybe not today, i tried ever dry fly in my box and couldn't get a hit. Well i came to this fly, and i don't ever remember seeing this fly before and well it looked just like the wulff so i went with it, The red humpy. Wow i couldn't have been on my third cast when a big bow caught wind and hit it like no other bow I've landed before. It was on I was so stoke and happy my first fish of the year. Now the Red Humpy was on my list of flies to use.
Now I began exploring right away and fished everywhere i could find, And always put the wulff on first. Now this fly was still great i guess it just had a bad day, But the Humpy was always on my mind and i had to put her on right when action starter getting slow. And it seemed like it always picked up. No other dry fly in my box has out performed the red humpy in one season.