View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 10:45 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to Tie the Basic Clinch Knot

Agree but disagree! The improved clinch is more difficult to seat properly but if tied properly( checking to see that it is right after tightening ) I have found it to be better. There are exceptions such as heavier lines the extra step seems to bunch up in this case a clinch may be a better choice. Also the stiffness or limpness of the line used plays a roll. Much easier to tie a good improved clinch on thin or limp line. Also when tying the improved I never make the twists by twirling or spinning the loop, I wrap the tag end hand over hand three times and I have never had an improved fail for me! I have had a clinch pull out on occasion. I notice in the video the line is twisted enough to make it ready for seating the knot well and I believe this is a key component in getting the improved or the standard to lock in!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser