View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Aid Kit?!.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout champ View Post
I keep a full sized kit in my fishing bag and one in the truck. I also carry a small fly box sized first aid kit in the pouch of my waistpack.

Randy
Good call Randy. As noted above, if you know what to do with the stuff at hand it's amazing what you could accomplish. In one 'none life threat' was a guy on the beach who broke his lower leg. Still no clue how he could have accomplished that on a flat gravel bar; but he did.

Three of us 'administering' to the the fellow. Chopped down small trees for splints, sliced up shirt for 'bandages wraps' to secure same, couple more small trees for a litter hoist. One guy off his pants, another his coat to make a litter.

Hour'ish later fellow is in the ER getting properly taken care of .....

None life threat, but one of the Doc's came out and asked 'How many of you were in the Military?'

Answer was all of us had. You learn to 'improvise' with what's at hand.

fae