View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Net to vest connection.

Hi Red Owl,

I like the magnet type of net holder. Orvis sells one and others are out there. Google magnetic fishing net / landing net holder and see what you come up with then go find one so you can handle it and ask the shop person how to hook it up.

Hey, I just took a look and remembered something. The illustration shown on the Orvis ad shows the net hooked up to the back D ring on your vest by the handle. I use a small wire tie to attach the magnet to the middle of the bow of my net and that way the handle is sticking down when the net is hooked to the back of your vest / jacket.

This serves two purposes; first the handle is right behind you so you can easily reach back and snatch it at about belt level. Secondly it keeps your net bag mounted up between your shoulder blades and not hanging down behind you where it will get snagged on every bush you pass by.

Smarter than I look huh?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;