View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
I'll try and shoot a picture of the 505L next to the 504L and illustrate the difference.

The 504 is rated at WF4/100. The 505 is rated at WF5/90. I prefer the 505L on the 490, the 504L felt just a little light to me, but understand that I prefer a little heavier reel than most. You will note on the pictures that I have a 506 on my SP 589-5. The 505L is actually perfect for that, but I put the 506 on it because I want to fish with it. Balance wise, it's a nice match for me but I think the 505L is better, especially because it's a shorter 5.

To provide you with an example that may help clarify how I like my reels, I have a Hardy Made CFO III. I hate it on my ZXL 486-4 because it's too light for me. I ended up putting that CFO on my 389-2 Sage LL which is a perfect fit for me. The 504L is perfect for that 486-4. It would fish fine for most on a 490-4 ZXL - but I like the 505L better. Confused

Cheers,
Mike.
Clear as mud!! Thanks.