View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:13 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Tent Thread;

Cool thread. I don't even know where my backpacking tent or my all "micro-net" tent are these days. The former was a great tent, being the lighest and smallest made at the time I bought it, made of the "then new" gore tex. It was so small that to enter you had to squirm into it feet first, but great for Colorado hunting trips in the late season or any backpacking for that matter.

But to the subject, I bought two sets of rain gear from an outfit called CampSaver.com and was really pleased with them and their policies, prices and friendly efficiency on the phone. Every item I bought was the best price I'd found after a lot of searching, and shipping is free over 50 bucks.

It is not owned by a multinational corporation like so many others either.
But of the 4 items I bought, they had every one in stock in the color and sizes I wanted and shipped them the same day. They have an actual store as well in Utah.

The number of and variety of tents they stock amazes me. Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone looking for specialty tents. I'd never heard of them before and found them on the third page of a search.

Cheers,
Jim