View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:17 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice
Default Re: Everything I Hope To Never Be...

Jerry:

Your story is both sad and frightening. I hate to say it, but I was hoping you were going to tell us that "Trunk" grabbed the guy by the neck and held his head under the water until the bubbles stopped.

I can't imagine treating any fellow angler like that. I'm horrified that someone would treat their own (or anyone else's) children like that.

When I started fly fishing I was lucky to fish with more experienced friends to help me and offer non-judgmental encouragement, along with some good natured joshing when I cast my fly into the back of my jacket or into a tree branch. I was also always pleasantly surprised and grateful when a fellow angler--complete strangers--watched my hopeless thrashing around and offered helpful tips and sometimes a hand-tied fly or sip from their flasks.

Yours is an inspiring and encouraging attitude. Taking a child fishing should be a mutually enjoyable experience that starts the kid off with the right lessons, gives him a hobby for a lifetime, and leaves him with years of happy memories. I feel for these kids.

Scott