View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:32 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default I'm changing as I get older..who would'a thunk it

I've keep enough stockers already. The last couple times I've been out I'm releasing them for some other fisherman,,maybe a youngster or older fella, to catch them.
The upside is,,I can catch more than my limit because I have none in my possession.

Barb-less is also something I'm doing with my fly tying. It makes releasing a fish easier on me and the fish.

Not saying I won't keep trout anymore (I like trout) but not everyone I catch for sure. And only stockers do I keep at all.

BTW I've done catch and release on wild and native fish (cept catfish and a few gills for eating) for ages.

The other morning I called in a really nice gobbler that I let pass. He just looked so 'right' in the woods ,,and I wasn't really hungry...and that was enough. 10 years ago, I'd have shot MYSELF for doing that.

Just musin' how life changes a person

Mike