View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 10:51 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: RIO or Scientific Anglers

I prefer not to paint myself in a corner in regards to gear manufactrers. They all seem to leap-frog each other with innovation or value or any number of things.
Some companies do better at some things than others but the others seem to eventually catch up only to have another 'next best thing' facing them in the marketplace.
I like the innovation that SA has brought us over the years which inclused not only great tapers but line coatings that changed fly fishing for the better by a long shot and textured surfaces that moved performance up a few good notches.
I like Rio for their leaders and tippet choices but also some of their lines which perform nicely in all ways.
Right now I give the edge to SA because of their innovation and breadth of choices in lines. This too could change as products change.

All that stated, I also have Airflo, Orvis, Cortland, Bario and others on my reels but asking me to pick just one brand out of the many good lines being made today is asking a lot... a lot that is unless one of the majors pay me or give me a good allowance for using and promoting their brand!