View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:05 AM

plecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really nice
Default Re: I'm changing as I get older..who would'a thunk it

C & R is fun. I've caught and released about 50 trout since Thursday.

I agree that barbless hooks make this tons easier. Usually, just netting the fish makes the hook fall out.

I took my 9-yr-old granddaughter fishing for the first time on Friday afternoon. The (stocked) fishing had been so good earlier in the day that I thought it'd be a great chance for her to catch some fish. I told her on the way that we'd be releasing all the fish.

She had a blast. She caught 4 11-12" rainbows and lost 4 more. This was not grandpa hooking the fish and handing her the rod to reel them in. She had waders on and was standing in the river catching them on her own. OK, I confess. She was using a spinning rod and lures, not flies. Hasn't mastered the fly rod yet.

She asked me if next time we could bring some home. Her other grandmother (not my wife) loves trout.

Last edited by plecain; 05-27-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling