View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 12:16 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Everything I Hope To Never Be...

If a man's wealth was measured by the love, strength and character of the people closest to him-- his family and his friends/"cronies"(those close and distant), and his beliefs-- his faith in a better world and the Man Upstairs --then you would be well within your rights to call me "rich" on all counts. I am heavily vested in those who make up "the inner circle" and call my heart "home," and these emotional investments have always returned personal dividends without equal. I pray that in the end, I will find peace and contentment in the fact that I lived a good life and lived it well. And, that somewhere along the way, I somehow made a difference, either by conveying that sentiment in the written word or by my own actions...

I was asked once how I would describe myself to someone who didn't know me? My editor at the time was surprised when I answered that I was the sum total of the parts left to me by all of those who've come in and out of my life these many years, and made their mark upon my very soul! I hold to that description even today, as I'm a man who's a blending of many influences. From my upbring with my grandparents to the gentle mix known as my family, and onto my diverse collection of friends, I would be so much less than I am if only one of the aforementioned was ever taken out of the mix.

A very wise man told me years ago that the truly good folks in this world never stop growing, never stop learning, and never stop being "good folks." To that end, I hope to always be a continuing work in progress...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

And, Fred... Whichever one of life's "foxholes" we find ourselves in, know this... I've got your back!!

Jerry, aka hairwing530