View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:40 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIO or Scientific Anglers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
Is this new? First time I heard this. Is this part of their reissue/repackaging? I'll have to pick up more of their discontinued lines.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike,
The change happened last fall. I verified it with my friends at the local shop and the spec charts that Rio provides.

I was able to borrow a friend's reel with the new Grand taper and cast the line with my 5 weight Z-Axis. It loaded the rod a bit more than I would prefer for the payloads that I throw. My Sharkskin GPX line is probably in its last season of use, so I will probably replace it with another Sharkskin GPX or a Mastery Textured GPX.

I have not cast the new Gold taper on my 4 weight ZXL. I should reserve judgement, but I sure love how that rod casts with the old Gold Taper and the SA Mastery Trout taper.

Dennis