Thread: vintage reel
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: vintage reel

$10 for a Hardy Perfect, with an agate line guard none the less????

That's one heckuva major score there! I'm talking score of a lifetime! Congratulations on your purchase! Has it been fished and does it have some rash on it? If so, I'd fish it. If it's never been fished, then I might be inclined to put it on a shelf. Truly there is no wrong answer here, for $10 that is an absolutely incredible score!

I'm not sure what size streams you fish or what size flies you intend to use, but an 8'6 to 9'0 4wt might just fit the bill with that reel and there are no shortage of options.

Do you like a fast, medium, slow action rods?

Welcome to the forum and once again, congratulations on the score of a lifetime! Here's a link for you to read on how to post pictures on the forum. Basically, you need to use an image hosting website, such as photobucket.

A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;