Thread: Saltwater reel
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 AM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Saltwater reel

It seems that I used a Pfleuger 1498 and Martin 77 forever for my SW fishing. When I felt the need to go heavier for larger more powerful speedsters I got my first Anti Reverse reel a Taurus. They all served me well and I still bring them out when I need that old feeling.
I've tried many of the reels posted on this thread some I liked some were ok but for me the Tibor Riptide is my go to reel and for pelagics and crazy big stuff where AR is so nice to have you can't beat the Fin Nor Wedding Cake! I think with all the great manufacturers out there today( everyone's a machinist) it's pretty easy to find something to fit your needs.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser