View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Looking for a 6 wt

The best six weight I can think of is an old Orvis Limestone Special or Western model. By old I mean 1984 or earlier. If you're not in a hurry these come for sale now and then in mint or unused condition. The prices for mint will be high, (250 - 350) unless a bidding war erupts.

If you were to start watching for either of these rods and only consider the price being paid for them it speaks for itself. Few people want graphite as collector rods, the prices reflect something more than vintage value.

I will be picking one up over the winter, I do have a 1979 Far & Fine #5 that I got new back then. I have cast the 2 rods I mention many years ago. They are like my F&F but longer (8.5') and provide more power because of the extra 9" of length and slightly heavier shafts.

You ask, I answered, I know that to many what I say sounds a bit crazy but until you own one of these I wouldn't bet against one.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;