View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 12:19 AM
trout champ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Scott Rods Reviews?

Scott rods are pretty good rods made in Montrose, CO. If you were to buy any of their rods though, I would go and test cast them in a couple weights up and down from the line weight you're looking for.

I have a Scott G2 8'8" 4wt and it is one of my favorite rods. It produces a nice crisp, tight, and medium/slow action that I like in a dry fly rod. It is slow, but she has some cojones.

On the flip side, I had a S4 9' 5wt. that I hated. I bought it sight unseen and forced myself to fish it for a year. It was very dumb feeling and too fast even for someone like me. It felt more like a six or seven weight to me. I have since sold it. The S4 9' 4wt. is amazing though. A true light weight 4 wt. that dances in the hands of a competent caster.

I broke my 5wt S4 the year I had it and it took almost 3 months to get back so their warranty service seems a little slow. YMMV

“Fishing for me, as funny as it sounds, is sorta my brand of praying almost. I’m never closer to my spirituality than when I’m in the act of fishing.” - JT Van Zandt