View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 06:09 AM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scott Rods Reviews?

Ultimately, the rod has to match the caster's stroke but one can extract general information from the experiences of others. My primary graphite 4wt is the Scott G2 8'4"-4. I love its medium flex and sensitive tip. It is outstanding as a dry fly rod, great as a nymphing rig (sz 16 and smaller) for small - medium sized streams but is just okay with very large nymphs or streamers.
The streams I like to fish require casting in small tight windows, side arm casting, bow and arrow casting plus some 30-45 foot casts where the G2 excels. The rod does require very good casting mechanics into a stiff wind (unlike my Z axis...which is very good into the wind, even with mediocre casting mechanics). Plus I really enjoy the feeling of the fish on it...I find the blank very sensitive. The build quality is excellent and cosmetics are classy. Never had the reason to use the Scott customer service but did talk to their technical services several times and spoke to individuals who knew what they were talking about and more importantly were fly fishers. They guided me to choose the perfect line for the rod.

I have never cast a S4 but based on the other reply to your posting, am curious about trying out the S4 4wt.