View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:23 PM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any recommendations?

I would agree that if your stuck on TFO get the professional instead of the BVK. The bvk is wicked stiff and will suit you if you like lightning fast rod blanks, the professional has a softer more forgiving action. Also, I would recomend the 5 weight over the 6. Based on the information you gave on streams vs. large rivers with 20+ inch trout, I think the 6 may be slightly overgunned. Also, IMHO I think you could get a rod that performs better than tfo blanks, in my experience tfo blanks are heavy and have a lot of vibration through the casting stroke w/ poor tracking. At the $200 price point you could pick up an orvis clearwater 9' or 8'6" 5 weight, this rod is incredibly light and high performing @ that low price point. Low vibration, and good tracking, another good choice would be the winston passport 9" 5 weight @ $225 an excellent choice. At the end of the day your going to decide which rod is best for you no-one can tell you which rod is best for you, however these are some suggestions from my viewpoint. Let me know if you want further advice, good luck!