View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 PM

mikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gotta love an Orvis Superfine

My fav rod is my 2wt One Ouncer...and I have CT's in 3 and 5 wt, so I'm right there with any "traditionalists" for enjoying a more leisurely stroke and softer feel with a fish on...

...BUT...and this is an honest question, rather than a challenge...when you guys find yourself trying to plop a big load of stuff around on bigger waters, and maybe 8-12 ft of leader, do you need to fish a 7 or 8 where I'm fishing a Sage 5 wt?

I'm just thinking of light steelheading in Ca, where I routinely fish a 5 wt 9'6" Sage Fli or 9' VT2...there's no way my CT, even a 9 footer, could wrestle around that weight...or, at least I don't think it would be fun.

Even if that's true and one would need to use, let's say a 7 wt while I used a 5, who would care, as long as we both fished well and had a good time. Jeez...I hate when I answer my own questions.

Nevermind That's 45 secs of your life you'll never get back....

I'm going to Oregon next week. I'm a little amped up

-Mike