View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gotta love an Orvis Superfine

My fav rod is my 2wt One Ouncer...and I have CT's in 3 and 5 wt, so I'm right there with any "traditionalists" for enjoying a more leisurely stroke and softer feel with a fish on...

...BUT...and this is an honest question, rather than a challenge...when you guys find yourself trying to plop a big load of stuff around on bigger waters, and maybe 8-12 ft of leader, do you need to fish a 7 or 8 where I'm fishing a Sage 5 wt?

I'm just thinking of light steelheading in Ca, where I routinely fish a 5 wt 9'6" Sage Fli or 9' VT2...there's no way my CT, even a 9 footer, could wrestle around that weight...or, at least I don't think it would be fun.

Even if that's true and one would need to use, let's say a 7 wt while I used a 5, who would care, as long as we both fished well and had a good time. Jeez...I hate when I answer my own questions.

Nevermind That's 45 secs of your life you'll never get back....

I'm going to Oregon next week. I'm a little amped up

-Mike