View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:53 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Re: Scott Rods Reviews?

I have fished a Scott PowerPly S3 9' 8 wt for steelhead and as I recall it had a good feel. I then fished a 8'8 3wt G series on the Frying Pan in Colorado, waayyy too soft for my liking and I was dry fly fishing almost exclusively.

I fish a Scott A2 9' 8wt and regardless of where this model sits in the Scott food chain, it is a fine casting rod once you find the right line.

I recently sold a Scott A3 9' 4wt, good rod, just didn't speak to me too much.

The other day I test cast two of Scott's latest offerings- a 10' 4wt S4 and a 9' 4wt G2. Granted the day was windy but the G2 flexed very deep and while well made it didn't feel alive. The 10' S4 on the other hand rocked but was a little heavier than what I wanted.

Within the next week I'll have a Scott STS 9' 4wt arriving, I am pumped about this one. Faster than the Gs but still a good dry fly choice. It's a very light rod at 2.7 oz, fast yet delicate. Now I just need to find the right line..