Thread: a foody thread?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a foody thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
OH THOSE LOOK GREAT! Breakfast of champions! Nothing like them in the morning!!!
Old friend (Dug Duncan) is a Master Chief with cast iron cooking ware. Last of those I had (Susan Creek Campground on the North Umpqua) he used a bottle of wine as a rolling pin. Coals on the bottom, coals on the top and

We all died and went to Heaven!

[For context, the 5 guys would hit the river at day break (large cup of hot coffee!) and fish till 10'ish, then back to the CG. After the full sun's on the water on the Umpqua (up to Steamboat) you're wasting your time. Casting practice unless you got dumb lucky.]

Next dish was two dozen eggs, chopped red onions, green/red bell pepper and a good dose of garlic (there was some other spice in there, but zip memory as to what). That was done in a huge cast iron fry pan on a camp stove. That would take forever to cook through .... unless you 'flambe' the top with a blow torch. I kid you not! To this day that's the way (bottom half cook on the stove top, the top half under a gas broiler) I do mine.

Fred

Last edited by fredaevans; 06-02-2013 at 02:36 AM.