View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fly Fishing with the Grandson!

Last Monday my son and I took the grandson out for a float on the Grey Reef section of the North Platte using a guided float from the North Platte Lodge. My grandson isn't quite six yet, but he is a certified fishing nut who loves fishing for smallmouth bass and crappies on a local pond. This was his first trip on a boat and a first for catching trout. His casting is coming along fine, just needs a little more finese on the hook setting and fighting trout. None of us knew what to expect but it turned out to be a great day with lots of wildlife spotted along the river, even a praire rattlesnake trying to swim across in that cold water. Here are a few of the photos.
Click the image to open in full size.