View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bighorn Fishing Trip Report

Last week Chase (chaseb), his friend Rod and I spent some time on the Bighorn river hunting for trout. It is always fun for me to get a chance to fish with one of the forum members and this trip was epic, we all had a great time together and landed some really nice trout. Rod is into smoking meat and does an awesome job and we consumed some pretty incredible meals that he brought along to share. Rob made an 800 mile drive from Iowa to come fish with Chase and I, and his goal was to land a Brown Trout, he is primarily a Bass and Steelhead fisherman. Wouldn't you know it, the very first fish landed was a big 20" Brown trout by Rob, that made his whole trip, we were all smiles to see him attain his goal for the trip! Chase took a bunch of photos so hopefully he will add to the thread. Here are a few photos that I took of the trip:
Click the image to open in full size.
The first day we met Dario fishing from a pontoon, he is a local and a very friendly guy, we traded flies and kept leap frogging each other as we progressed down the river, sometimes sharing fishing holes together.
Chase with a beautiful Rainbow:
Rod with his first Wyoming Brown Trout:
Myself with a nice Rainbow:
Chase with a great looking Wyoming Brown Trout:
Chase with another great looking Rainbow:
Rob with a nice Rainbow: