View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 PM
yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fishing etiquette! Do people have any?

Originally Posted by shimloom View Post
People seem to want to get right on top of you when you catch fish. Seen it on streams, lakes and the ocean. I have told a number of people over the years that if they get on top of my spot I will keep snagging their lines until they leave.

I have thrown lures at other boats if they get to close as well, and that can start a conversation. It seems people who can't fish find those who can. I have had several people ask me for my fish when I release them, I simply tell them to learn to fish and they can catch there own, that sends them on their way, most times. I have grown tired of the buttheads of this world and the nonsense.

We have these lures on the North Carolina coast called "Gotcha Plugs!!" I am sure you have them also.......I never really figured out the gotcha it for the fish, or the boats???? Just saying........anyway.....I know how frustrating it can be........

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

How about the people who walk into your fishing line at the coast, and get mad, because they are so..........unobservant????

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton