Thread: 5-Weight Revamp
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5-Weight Revamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by random user View Post
Okay, I'm stumped.

Have the guides all done. Have the 2 two cork rings I need to replace epoxied together with the section for the uplocking reel seat epoxied in placed. Need to add the masking tape arbors and seal them up. Everything fits all nice and snug.

Questions:
1) How to I clamp it all together when I epoxy everything? Only thing that is coming to mind is a ratchet strap from the base of the real seat and up and over the tip side on the butt section.)

2) How much epoxy to use? Just enough to keep it all together or do I want to slather it up so it will be a real pita to disassemble again?
Don't over do it on the epoxy. If too much seeps out between the ring it will be a PITA to sand down and will leave a dark gap. Just enough to bind the rings to the blank and a very thin layer on the face of the cork to hold the rings together. To keep it together us a cork ring clamp. You don't have to buy one, everything you need is at you local hardware store. Some threaded rod, a few nuts, washers and two pieces of pine. It looks like this:

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/c...ei=220&wid=380