View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 05:08 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Rampage Motor & Anchor Conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Tom: I can't answer your question on the anchor mount, I had ordered one but never did receive it. I just tie the anchor off to one of the black hand grips. I do use a 4 hp outboard on occasion and just wanted to let you know that my mount started to bend on a trip last fall on Lewis Lake in YNP. I took it down to my son to have him beef up the metal plate that you fasten the motor to............just something to keep an eye on.
Larry, Thanks for the heads up on beefing up the plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Hope this helps

Click the image to open in full size.

Bigger board. However, try to balance between motor and anchor. Not hard to do, this was a trial run.
Joni, I was thinking that would work, but wondered if it would cause the boat to not track strait when anchored when in a river with some good healthy current.

I can't wait to take this boat out on its maiden voyage this weekend on the Sacramento River to chase Poor man's Bone Fish. Here fishy fishy!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 06-04-2013 at 05:40 PM.