View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 10:29 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Re: My search is over- Mint Sage 505L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
I have a Sage LL 490-2 - GIII Blank like your 590 - and I use the SA Textured Trout Stalker on it in WF4 - WOW, what a pairing those two are together. It's an absolute pleasure to fish with that rod and line. Seeing your 505L on there makes me consider using one of my Sage 500 series reels on mine - it only seems to make sense

Cheers,
Mike.
The Textured Trout Stalker seems to be a great fit for the LL Sages, old school IM6 Loomis and Winston rods. On my RPLs (5100 and 790) I really like the Textured GPX WF lines. My next hunt will be for either a 503L for a 7'9 3wt Winston or a Sage 711 for Sage Moderate Action 990.

If you get a chance I'd love to see a family pic of your 500 series Sage reels- very cool...

Additionally, If you are in the Chi area, I would road trip northwest to the West Fork of the Kickapoo in Wi, one of my favorite trout streams.