View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: AirFlo.....School Me

Airflo makes high quality lines that differ from our US made products. SA, RIO and Cortland apply variations on Vinyl onto braided or monocore Nylon cores whereas Airflo employs a polymer on a limited stretch core material. Years ago I found their taper to be funky but with the very able assistance from anglers like the Henry's Fork's, Rene Harrop and great caster, rod designer and Airflo US distributor, Tim Rajeff, they have been transformed. Their "Ridge" series of lines are the silent textured fly line utilizing lengthwise ridges to reduce frictional contact. My Scott S4s literally sings with Ridge Tropical (quietly)...it is by far the best line on this rod. My ECHO3 #6 too is at its best with a Ridge Tactical Taper Trout line. ON the other hand, when we tried my buds Sage XP with this line, it preferred a RIO Gold. So, as is always the case, the rod determines the best line if you have the opportunity to try multiple lines.

Airflo is a contender with new product just released and seems very durable as well. An English birdie told me that Brits are fishing Airflos on the Hardy Zenith rods on their side of the pond and I should try one myself...and I will