Thread: vintage reel
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 03:31 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: vintage reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupe21 View Post
hey guys I am new here, I am a big bass fisherman, but have always wanted to get into fly fishing as I live about an hour from good trout spots now I do fish for trout but when I do Is just use a open face reel and ultra lite rod recently I purchased a hardy the perfect 3 1/8 fly reel, I gave 10 bucks for the thing, from what I understand it would be better to put this up, are these good little reels and I are they worth anything, also if you where to fish it what all purpose fly rod for around 100-200 would you get for it

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I cannot figure out how to post pictures but here is a link to where I have posted pictures at Vintage Fly Reels - Fishing Rods, Reels, Line, and Knots - Bass Fishing Forums
Fishing gear is meant to be fished... There are very very very few items that deserve the "put it up and only look at it"... Personally you're only disrespecting it by NOT fishing it... If you're not gonna fish it send it to me and I'll put it to good use

BTW That reel deserves a good bamboo rod... Not some modern day plastic rod